27 Jun Final Cut Pro X 10.3.4 (& 10.4) Crashing on Relink – FIX
I have a few editors that help me with my longer wedding documentary edits. I send them files and a project file, they edit the documentary edit, and I get the project back at the end. My job is now to check the project before exporting and uploading. But I’ve been running into issues of Final Cut Pro X crashing when I press relink.
Here are a few things to note: We are both using the same exact footage. When relinking, the footage goes past the “validation” in FCPX successfully. BUT when I press “relink” – Final Cut Pro crashes. Restarting FCPX freezes it. And if I do have success, I am accompanied with some shots that are “black” and show up as “no data.” This is the worst scenario.
I have spent a lot of time trouble shooting this exact scenario and with trail and error, finally found a system (or workflow) that seems to have been working with FCPX 10.3.4 each and every time I run into this situation.
The steps are simple. Watch the video if you want to be walked though the process, but like I said – it’s simple.
- Open the FCPX project that requires relinking.
- Open the timeline that you need to relink. Select all of the footage (cmd+a) and copy it (cmd+c).
- Create a new Library. Let me repeat. Create a new Library (not an event).
- In the new FCPX Library, create a new project with the setting you need.
- Paste (cmd+v) on the new project (this will be pasting the copied timeline from the other un-relinked project).
- Once everything is on the timeline, you can now relink. Select the new FCPX Library, and go to File > Relink Files.
- You should have success (There are a few catches though, especially if you have multiple projects). This works really well with having one project.
My video does go a bit in depth in some areas – so feel free to watch and share with your friends that have been running into this issue. Let me know if this helped you.
Update 12/14/2017 – Final Cut Pro X 10.4 (FCPX 10.4) does not fix this issue as of right now, so the issue still persists. I have submitted a request to Apple, however, if you are running into this issue as well, I’d recommended submitting a feedback to Apple.